Discipline

Well, I did mention that I was going to write something about "discipline" in my previous entry. Ironically and sadly, I'm not one acquainted with discipline. If there's anything in my life that I saw through, I probably did most with much encouragements and persuasion from people around me, or out of fear of the consequences, or it's something I'm good at, etc.

To me, discipline is a very big thing. It says a lot about the individual's capacity towards self-control, perseverance and endurance. I appreciate and respect a person of such calibre. Perhaps because I find it difficult to achieve, so I hold someone who has it with high regards.

Commitment and faithfulness are also in my "top 10" thumbs-up chart. I take these 2 personally. My God is a covenant-keeping and faithful God, that's what I love about my Abba Father.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:37, "But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one."

And in Luke 16:10-12, He was quoted, "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s, who will give you what is your own?"

So, if you are given small tasks to do, do it well. Don't wait for the big stuff to exercise your faithfulness. God sees how we deal with the secular to determine what of the eternal he could entrust to us.

I heard from somewhere, that life on earth is a rehearsal to what's going to happen in heaven for eternity.

Hmmm...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!