Looking Forward To Abba's Embrace

Just got back from Worship Ministry prayer meeting. It was a time of worship, really. I'm so glad I went because the presence of God was there.

Before the session started, we were still chatting and laughing. But once the music started, my tears just flowed. I couldn't stop. I could barely sing a complete stanza of the worship song. I didn't know why. I felt so overwhelmed with grief and desperation. I cried out to my Abba Father, because I knew that only He can help. I felt that I was pouring out my heart and soul. And I felt that my prayers were accepted and that He will faithfully come through for me.

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart— these, O God, You will not despise.

Also in Isaiah 57:15
For thus says the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."

Thank You, Abba Father. Thank You for helping me to open my heart to You. You know just where and how to pull it out of me.

Thank You for assuring me that You understand, even when I don't.

Thank You for showing me that I don't have to score well in my life to be in Your embrace, that You love me just the same.

Please break down the layers of walls that I've built through the years, making me think that Your love for me depends on what I do or have accomplished.

I have yet to fully comprehend this unconditional love that You offer but I know that You are patiently teaching me, helping me to understand and to accept Your way of love.

I can't wait to experience Your full embrace, Abba. I really can't wait...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!