Dear Friend, I Wish...

I know that's how you communicate.

Perhaps nothing I say would change anything. So, I wish...

I wish my presence could sometimes make a difference to your world, or just your countenance.

I wish you could be a little bit excited to see me... as a friend normally would. A smile would do. Yet, I'd rather that you be yourself than to put up a front that is not you because that would sadden me even more. Though, a little indication would be helpful.

I wish my words in our conversations would brighten your day.

I hope that my actions of love and affection could open up your heart and make you smile from within. It pains me if you find a need to hide your true feelings from me. Or perhaps we are not as close as I thought we are?

It makes me wonder... What is your idea of a friend? Do you see a friend in me? But nevermind, I'll not give in to analyzing, if it implies a lack of basic respect to this friendship.

Actually, on the contrary, I respect and accept you as you are. I really do. In fact, I hold you with high regards. I wonder if you know. So perhaps since you regard me as a friend, I can ask for favours? I won't assume a "yes" for an answer, though in my social world, friends can expect (not assume): favours, a listening ear to whining, to converse freely about anything under the sun no matter how random it may seem, hearts to be opened to words of encouragement, a respond to the silliest statements.

But if that's not exactly your cup of tea, I'm ready to accept a deviation. I'm no expert in how friendships should be anyway. Though I must say, it does require a bit of getting used to. Meanwhile, please bear with me if it irritates you.

Having said all, just a smile, perhaps, if it's not too much to ask. It'll make my day. And if you need some warming up, a belated one some time in the day would suffice, too :D

I love you with the love of God, the adoration of a sister who dotes on her brother, and the affection of a friend. I thank God that our paths have crossed. He has taught me many life's lessons through you.

"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." (1 Tim 4:12)

I see God doing great things through you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!