Inochi no Namae - song from 'Spirited Away'

This song is growing onto me. I watched the video in another blog, and wanted to know the meaning of the song because it sounds so beautiful. A short search and I stumbled onto this 'live' performance version. Maybe it appeals to me because I sing, so I thought it was quite cool. And I found the English translation of the lyrics in the comments too. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what to make of it still. It's poetic, I suppose. Well, I did fail my E. Lit miserably back in my secondary school days, so, I won't even count on myself to try too hard with this one. Well, but maybe you can...

The whiteness of the airplane clouds
Against the blue of the sky
Forever stretches, on and on
It's as if I knew my tomorrow
I was breathing shallowly with my heart
I still remember the wind that cooled my burning cheeks
Faced with the future, a gentle voice melts away
The doubt within my arms and legs
Things that make me want to yell--they are so full of memories--
The one life
The light of midsummer
The shadow of the tree branches swaying on your shoulder

A flattened white ball
Flower petals scattered with the wind
Both carried by an unseen river
That sings as it flows away
Secrets, lies, and happinesses
Are all children of the God that gave birth to the Universe
The heart that pauses at the sight of the future
Will one day remember the name
Things that make me want to yell--I miss them as much as I love them--
The one life
The place I reach when I return
The summer day that will never disappear from my finger

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, nice song! My first time hearing it hehx. =] Spirited Away i only know the "itsumo nando demo" haha!

Start to get addicted to this song you posted, will learn it after exam! Woo~! :)

Thanks for posting the song... and the english lyrics! :D

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!