Simply Put

Today is one of the rare occasions where I reached the office much earlier than my official reporting time. Feels kind of good, actually, despite getting this little lump on my left upper eyelid. I was getting ready to wash my face this morning when I saw this awfully familiar redness. I was like, "not again!". Seems like my flu bug is determined to leave something behind before it goes away. Still having a bit of it, but at least I'm still able to sing.

This is the 1-2 week window period that happens like 4 times a year where I don't have to stay back in the office. Think I'm going to start cleaning up my room. Ya, better do it before I change my mind.

Had a good time with Ruizhen yesterday. We met for dinner at the Imperial Treasure La Mian Xiao Long Bao at MSq. By the way, the 'xiao long bao' at Hua Li Xuan tastes better and is more worth it...a miserly tiny 4-pc at Imperial compared to the 6 double-sized ones at HLX. It was pouring when we met, but thank God that by the time we were about to finish, the sky was almost cleared and we were able to head towards Esplanade Concert Hall without umbrellas.

So we watched The Philharmonic Winds Goes Pop. It was quite an entertaining experience. I didn't expect it to be so 'getai-ish'. And some of the younger audience really went all out to attract attention to themselves, even at inappropriate moments - it was beyond a lack of concert etiquette. I think the emcee probably had to mention throwing all concert etiquette out the window just so that the rest of the more appropriately-behaved ones don't feel so irritated and embarrassed.

After that met up with Wei Cheah and Kenneth for supper at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe. MSq carpark is such a maze. I guess anywhere besides the usual place I park is a maze.

I think I should seriously start living simply. Not that I'm living in luxury. Having a carefree life is to be able to do without, isn't it? It's a matter of perception. Too often, the more we have, the more we need to spend our resources maintaining it. Gotta set my perception right. For instance, my 'need' to get a more hi-tech and aesthetically-pleasing phone is fading, and I think that's a good thing. I really don't need it and I don't want to feel being led to join in a fad. My current one has more than what I actually need.

I'm reminded of one of my posts quite a while back, that I don't have to possess the things that seem desirable. The fact that it has reoccured tells me that I need to constantly remind myself. A lot of things in life are 'good-to-have' but life goes on (very well, in fact) without them. There are other needs and obligations where a bit of prudence would be much appreciated. Besides, it is right to be a good steward of what God has allocated to us in life.

More (actually less) food for thought. I should also seriously consider cold turkey for supper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!