Breath Of Fresh Air

Today felt like a breath of fresh air.

First of all, I had more time than I thought to finish up some work and it allowed me to do it with a bit of details to make it more comprehensive. It gave me a take-one-step-back view of the financial standing of my student groups. I was also quite pleased with myself that I managed to complete this work development paper last Friday night while waiting for Band Meeting to start, and got it signed on time for submission yesterday.

From these 2 incidents, I find that my recent episode of 'mild depression' got better. More motivation to work and live (ok, a bit exaggerating). If Maslow was right, I'm probably swinging predominantly up and down the need of self-actualization.

Anyway, I took PM leave today, supposedly to accompany MM to settle some personal stuff around Outram. End up getting there quite late because I had to attend to some last minute walk-ins just before I wanted to leave at 2.15pm. To cut the long story short, by the time I got there and found the public car park, he was almost done. I ended up waiting for him in the car at the carpark cos no space. After he found me, I sent him and gf to Raffles City to meet his grandma. Hmmm... maybe if I have a chance next time I would introduce myself to her. Most importantly, his 'personal stuff' was settled with no complications.

Besides the half day out of the office, welcome company at lunch and light dinner are added to the list. Then there were other happenings today like the walk to and from Esplanade and Raffles City which, right now, feels quite refreshing as i write this in the Esplanade Library. Maybe it's the quite and cool environment in contrast to the walk under the evening sun. But it was the contrast that gave off the effect. Oh and I got to blog on the OPPC. That was unplanned, too! Happiness! :) Thanks, Kenneth!

Breathe in... breathe out... breath in... *sigh of contentment*

Anyway, later watching a Choir Concert at the Concert Hall. Last night came with Jasmin, Ignatius and Wei Zhen to watch a Band Concert.

Tips: if you're watching a non-amplified concert at the Concert Hall, die die also don't geh-kiang go and buy VIP Box seat tickets. Well, it was the same price, which was why I thought could get a better view and different experience. Bleah... I was so near to one side of the band that the audio effect was rather off balance. In case you wonder...I was nearer than any of the audience to the timpani and double bass. Kenneth also added that the seats were below the circle seats, so that made it worse. It was also quite warm in that corner.

And, and... don't laugh... tonight's concert also at the same area. Faint. Got the tickets to both shows at the same time. So smart hor... Well, let's just hope that the sound effect from a choir would be better.

gtg...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!