A Taste Of The Good Life

I'm a happy girl today. Had worship rehearsal in the morning, team leaders' meeting straight after, and went IKEA to get some stuff for TP Band's visit to SAF Central Band. Just drove in to the car park when Peck and I was on the phone and we decided to have the BBQ at F2 East Coast Park like we talked about the last time I was there with them.

I bought this 'lil instant BBQ pit (no kiddin', it's really little and I have photos to prove it!) at Giant after that, looking forward exactly to what we had today. If Peck had not instructed me not to bring anything (she just grabbed whatever barbequeable from her freezer, I would have detoured home to retrieve my box of bacon-wrapped oyster that I had prepared a few days ago.

I find it amazing that Peck would drive all the way from Bukit Panjang to this part of the island to let her kids indulge in sand play. I wonder when the kids will grow out of this. But as long as they are still at it, I would like to be a part of their fond memories. Personally, I find myself quite drawn to the beach for its serenity. BBQ-ing in the day reminds me of life back in Perth - the occasional outings at the Esplanade down at Swan River.

Anyway, the fire took quite a while to start. Whatever stuff provided in the package didn't work. The lighters we had were 'impaired'. One has gas but no sparkle when triggered, while the other was out of gas. So I pressed on the former to release the gas, and trigger the latter to create whatever sparks I could get and managed to light a piece of rolled-up newspaper to light 2 fire-starter I had to borrow from our 'neighbour'. So much for the instant bbq 'pit'. But at least I got a good fire started and made my dream came true.

On that note of a dream come true - I managed to get the biscuits from Singapore Flyer's Popeyes outlet last night after CO concert at VCH. So glad they closed at midnight on Fridays or I would have missed it again.

Some photos of the good life :D

Peck busy on the grill


See 'em all cramped onto the tiny BBQ 'pit'


Roy, Rachel and Mom


Sisters...photo taken by darling Rachel


Peck's innovative-ness manifested... notice the suspended marshmallow - "look, mom, no hands!" :D



Me and Mom - another photo taken by Rachel


Mom and Rachel


Cooked and ready to be served :P~


Personal BBQ - let's sit around the pit at the dining table


Peck pouring ice tea for the kids


Rachel posing as the 'Satay Girl' - so obliging


No more stuff to bbq, so we decided to cook instant noodle that I happened to have in my boot also... it's a long story



Hope to do this again soon. Anybody interested? ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!