Micaela's Aria (Carmen)

Micaela's Aria - "Je dis que rien ne m'épouvante" - Kiri Te Kanawa
(Click here if you can't see the YouTube video.)



Was at St Hilda's Band Camp on Wednesday with my manager, Sonny Lim, who was invited to speak about the music that they were playing for SYF. He told them the story of Georges Bizet's opera, Carmen and explained the story according to the different segments arranged in the CD. Though the music was not in chronological order, but based on what he said, I could visualize how the story went and was particularly attracted by the character, Micaela, and her love for the dumb mule (haha) who fell in love with Carmen. I had to hold back my tears at the segment where Micaela's aria was played.

Now that I finally know the full story of Carmen, I feel like watching it.

I'm still craving for Popeyes' biscuits. Probably end up at Singapore Flyers the next time I go MSq. Oh...I might be going there this Saturday after all! See if I can drive over after my day out with colleagues at MSq! Haha!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!