Replacement Day

3 new areas of replacements today.

First, 2 new temp staff in the office. The band replaced the old cabinets with 3 new ones. My house fridge has been replaced...finally.

Now I know that when you bring in a new fridge, you should let it stand for 2 hours without turning it on. So we waited till about an hour ago. The turning on was delayed because mom hasn't finished organizing her stuff and didn't want to keep opening and closing the fridge door. Now, whatever we put in are still not cold enough and the ice not frozen up yet. I'm dying for some ice cold water. I haven't had my daily dosage. :P~

Long Service Award this Thursday. 2 weeks ago HR called me for a meeting with a few other recipients to come up with a performance item. So stupid. I told my sister (who's in our HR) exactly how I felt. I thought those receiving the awards should be honoured. Why make us perform to entertain people? As if our performing talent is part of our job and the reason why we are receiving the award. 3 drops of sweat...

So anyway, we had our very first practice for the song item this afternoon. Another group was supposed to do some animation presentation. Me and law lecturer, Sylvia Lim (a.k.a. NCMP for for Aljunied GRC) are doing a duet, accompanied by guitarist and bassist. They're all so fun to work with that I almost forgot the stupidity of it all and just allowed myself to have loads of fun figuring out the song, "Just The Way You Are".

This is the second time we're singing on the same stage.



I believe it's going to be as fun as the time when we sang at TCC for TP's 15th Year Anniversary with President Nathan as the Guest of Honour.



Well, I didn't think I would be saying this, but, I think I'm going to enjoy performing at the Long Service Award...though the whole idea is still quite dumb. I might as well make the best out of it...think positive, think!!!

Current mental status: Recovering from a recent episode of idiotism...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!