Okuribito

Here I am, again, chilling out at The Olives after 2nd Service and a 2pm meeting with Fiona and Aili to discuss contents of vocal workshop for the Worship Ministry Worship Vocalists.

So I finally went to watch the movie - Okuribito (English title - Departures). Embedded is a piece of music of the same name by Joe Hisaishi. The melody has a calming effect, especially so with the accompaniment on the piano - the chords beneath bring out the melody line so beautifully. It gives me a combined sense of contentment/resolve and serenity.


Okuribito - 久石譲

I also found the music video of the soundtrack with vocals. Nice arrangement, with a wider variation in the mood, and soothing alto voice of this singer called Ai.



It's a 4.5/5 tissue box score movie for me. Makes me think of how I want to live my life, and how I want to love those who are important to me while they are still alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!