Coveting Divine Grace

Had a meeting on our arts calendar for the next AY on Friday. My, it's reality to my face that the peak period is coming again. And I feel that I've not even 'recuperated' enough yet. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing my students again and all the vibrancy at the arts centre with students practising in the evening, I'm fully aware of the need to conserve energy for longer journey ahead.

So I pray that the promise of a fruitful year and God's ever faithful grace would give me the faith and courage to face the next round. Ding ding! Desperate for grace and love to overcome the tough days ahead.

Being responsible has deeper meaning the past year, it seems. I've learnt that you can only say that you have a certain virtue, if you still have it during times when you don't feel like it, or when circumstances make it hard for you to sustain it.

I guess that's what Jesus mean by loving our enemies. What is it to us if we just love the lovable? Radical love goes beyond preference and how the beloved feels about you. So similarly, integrity when no one is watching; responsibility beyond convenience; commitment when the rest have fallen out.

It's definitely good to do whatever needs to be done when times are easy and you have a zealous team going through it with you. It is important not to take such times for granted because you won't know if you, or what and who you have, can stand the test of time, especially the dry ones. Do what you can to keep the momentum.

God help me, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!