I Love Cool Weather

I like the weather these past few days. And today seems like it would be the same, too. Dim with clouds and rain during occasional parts of the day. It was pouring on Sunday when I walked out of Cluster A at Changi Prison. Ok, that part was a bit unpleasant cos my pants were kinda stuck to my shins. But the drive, though it feels more dangerous, was compensated by the relaxing bossa nova music playing on the car stereo. It was like calmness in the midst of storm.

Me and my colleague went swimming on Monday evening. We went to the training pool because the water sports students were training at the deep pool (hmmm...), leaving it with not many lanes for the rest of the swimmers. The shallow water was so cold, especially with the evening breeze after a light drizzle just before I arrived.

After a while the students needed to switch pool, so we went over to the deep pool. The water there was nicely heated. But somehow I kinda like the cool waters. Anyway, I didn't swim much that evening, with all that disruption...ok lah, excuses. I was enjoying the waters, the chat with my colleague, and was also helping her with her swimming. She seemed less unwilling to make bolder attempts. Good for her.

Yesterday evening was dinner at my sister's again. I'm starting to feel a teeny bit uncomfortable that this is beginning to be too regular. I don't like to impose too much even though they're family and it's nice to see my brother-in-law and nephew. (I can see my sister at work everyday...not that I do.) I know they really don't mind me going over either. We're close enough for me to know that part is true. But I thought it would be nice to bring something. I brought assorted chips the first round.

So on the way, I thought I could made a quick detour to IKEA to get a pack of the famous meatballs and part a portion of it as a small contribution to dinner. Well they ended up as after-dinner snack so my sister only prepared a quarter of the pack. They were really yummy and tasted better than at IKEA.

I realised that it is not difficult to find people having spare mobile phones nowadays. Just asking around those seated near my workstation, I've already found 2 colleagues with one spare phone each. My brother-in-law has one. And I'm sure if I probe further my circle of contacts I could find more.

This asking around reminded me of my favourite phone which got stolen last year when I was on duty at the JPSAE booth. It had taken me so long to decide to get that one because it was much steeper in price than my previous ones. My first camera phone. And I liked it so much that I was willing to convert from the former make that I was quite accustomed to. My current one is more advanced and it serves me well, so I'm contented. it's just that I really liked that one. And I still miss it whenever I see people holding the same model.

I know how it feels, even though I don't know what to say. Cos the usual comforting words and asking for details might not be what's needed out of me. I'll give my listening ear though. Anytime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!