March-ing On

Wow, it's the 1st day of March. Well, there's nothing much to "wow" about lah, just that every 1st day of the month is a reminder of the passing of one full month. We try to live one day at a time, but when the full month is over, it's like a much bigger step. Usually we have our anniversaries of events by year, right. So the month kinda tells you "it's that period of the year again." Oh well...

Wanted to blog something last night when I got home from cell. Actually I did write a few paragraphs but was not able to publish it due to the persistent slumbering spells which didn't allow me to think properly...heehee. So here's presenting to you...the few paragraphs! Haha...

Dip #4 this evening, I feel, was the best for the week. Not much people, had a lane to myself so managed to swim in peace for 14 laps. After that, I spent some time to help a colleague who had just completed her lessons a few days a go. She's been very brave to practice at the deep pool despite genuine fear especially of the less gradual descend of the pool bed towards the 4-m depth. Can be quite daunting to one with bad prior water experience who has yet learnt to tread water. I commend her willingness to overcome her fear.

Didn't get much from IKEA sale today. What I really wanted wasn't on sale. But I must say it's quite a refreshing experience for me to take my own sweet time on a weekday morning to walk my favourite mega store. I've ever imagined having breakfast and sipping tea at one of the cafe with a good book along Shenton Way or Raffles Place and watch people bustling about their business. Do you think it's a cruel thought? Cheap thrill.

Found an interesting-looking item though...


Doesn't this remind you of that awesome architecture somewhere? Haha... it's actually a rattan basket (upside down).

Anyway, I'm getting closer to my dream picnic. Bought 2 beach umbrellas. You know, those that you plunge into soft ground? Was $29 but reduced to only $9. Haha...another couple of cheap thrills, perhaps. You can tell how much I really miss picnic at Perth's Esplanade Park.

Church is having 'One Fine Day' again at West Coast Park on Sat, 22 March. Looks like my umbrellas will be put to good use then. There are a couple of people in cell group who's afraid to go under the sun. I'm not one of them but I dread having to put on any body lotion in a non-aircon environment. I dislike wasted efforts and my perspiration is just going to wash away all the lotions anyway. Having that mixure stay on the skin is not exactly my idea of comfort.

By the way, some of my colleagues come up with this last-friday-of-the-month themed dress-up day. We had Ethnic Look last month, and today was Bohemian Look. I tried my best...and got 2 votes, a tie with our office female fashion guru...haha... The official winner had 3! And the unofficial winner was my DD lah, 10 votes, but he only wore for 2 hours, so...kenah disqualified. :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!