Shit (Still) Happens But Love Remains

I meant to write something beautiful today. But my thoughts were interrupted by an upsetting episode of family drama. I feel for the one who has been hurt again and again and again by someone who has again proved to be a successful a**ho*e, who hasn't seem to learn from mistake, who has a warped sense of responsibility and priority, and whose remorse (if there ever was) is too shallow to reach any point of repentance. Should I continue to hope?

At this moment, I wish I could just pick up my phone to call a certain someone that I trust would be a strong emotional support. I wish to confide in this person. Let this person know what has been happening, how I'm feeling. Just pour out and hope to be comforted. But I really do not have the confidence that I could so freely assume such a position. My past assumptions, though sincerely unintentional, have been met with rather unpleasant response and were rather heartbreaking.

Thank You, Abba Father, that even as I am writing this entry, You are putting my heart to rest, be still, and know that You are my God who is in control.

This morning's sermon was given by Michael Ross Watson. His message thrust into my heart from the minute he went up on the pulpit till his coming down. I couldn't stop myself from crying throughout the whole sermon filled with his testimonies and stories on God's love.

Incidentally, M R Watson quoted my 2 favourite quotes by C S Lewis:
"Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."

"The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and purturbations of love is Hell."

The former is quoted in my blogger site while the latter on my multiply site. For those who do not know, I've been cross-blogging for a while. Meaning, whatever I post on one site would appear on the other.

Well, shit (still) happens, but love remains because God is love and He never changes. Blessed be Your name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!