Speak Love

I was jolted out of bed by a call for early lunch. Just minutes before I was still snoozing my phone alarm all the way. Yes, it was a work day and I was at home. Earlier, my head was spinning and neck aching, and decided that it was too painful to get myself to work. I didn't see it coming but it was a blessing in disguise. Sadness melted into joy. What a few words of concern can do to a sick person.

Ponandzi -> Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' Your Guardian Angel -> A Walk To Remember

Yep, one thing led to another and I ended up watching "A Walk To Remember" on internet movie. It was a heartwarming story, with a few quotables...

1. Father and son
Father: "Don't walk away!"
Son: "You taught me how!"

Sometimes I wonder why I didn't become like somebody who chose to walk out of our lives when I was young. Maybe I was too little to remember, or maybe it was compensated by living models who stuck around through it all, and I thank God I chose to see the positive. On the other hand, I believe it also helped me to identify with and feel for the rejected, abandoned and broken. There were times when I felt it hit me especially during the down times. God has been faithful, too. He's the best and most dependable. He got me out of self-pity, from developing a hardened heart and kept me looking to Him for comfort. That's what kept me sane.

2. Father to daughter
"When I lost your mother, I was afraid that my heart would never open again...I couldn't look at you for days."

Losing somebody significant can be so painful that one can be afraid to open up and risk losing and then getting hurt again. Yet it is so essential that we overcome that fear and choose not to hide behind facade of unaffectedness. Don't short change yourself.

3. Reading from a quotes collection
"What is a friend? It's a single soul dwelling in 2 bodies." - Aristotle

This quote reminded me that God's Spirit is that Friend who lives within each believer. A faithful Friend and Comforter. I hope He manifests His love through me.

Is it really that bad to tell somebody that you miss them? Well, it is if you're left with no response.

Oh well, life goes on. We'll manage. Tenacious love. I still believe that love must be communicated. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Different people show and receive love differently. Just hope that love exists and I get to see it more.

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!