My Uncle's Funeral

This afternoon I left right after conducting the Choir at the 2nd service's praise and worship session to attend my uncle's funeral. Today was the procession and cremation. I was not really close to my uncle. I probably only saw him at most 3 times a year. But my impression of him is that he doted on us. I've never seen him get angry before, and he was an easy-going person. I remember that he always walked with his hands behind him, very relaxed and steady.

When I reached the venue, there was the Chinese band playing. It was so loud there was no point talking to anybody. There was also a brass band after that. So I just sat there quietly amidst the clanging.

From where I sat, I saw my aunt leaning her head on my 3rd sister. She looked so tired, void of strength after 6 days of wake. My heart ached for her and thoughts of my late uncle also made it difficult to control the tears from welling up.

Dear Abba Father, I pray that You'll renew my aunt's strength and comfort her and her family for their loss. May she have a complete rest and that You watch over her and grant her good health.

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!