Dream Coming Through

Matrix is officially malfunctioning in its vital department - the cooling system. I'm not feeling any cold air. Gotta send it for check up soon. Initially it was just took longer to spurt out the cold air, but eventually it happened. For the whole day that I drove it today, I haven't felt any of that at all.

On any other days, I would have delayed going. But the weather has been quite relentlessly hot these past months that it warrants immediate action.

So, another trip to the mechanic some time this coming week. Got a new contact from Ken, a car sales person cum Church friend. If I can, probably take leave tomorrow to deal with it. At the same time, I can fix the plastic protector strip which I scraped off last Saturday. Bummer...

Seriously, I hope that the heatwaves go away really soon. Was telling God just before I left my car, in his sovereignty, to send a little rain. And what do you know, I heard a series of distant thunder a while ago...hopeful! It's no longer thundering now, but nevermind, thank God for air-con in my room ;D

Today we had such a great time at worship. There was joy and liberty, especially at the second service. It was just exhilarating. Even Pst Yang gave good comments on it. PRAISE GOD! I know that God was pleased. That's all that really mattered, really... :D

Deb Fung came to sing in Church during 1st 2 services this morning. Her voice sounded a little different this round, perhaps a little more mature, more...grounded? I like her "Wonderful Saviour" in her latest album which she sang before offering this morning.



I think this is her 3rd visit to Cornerstone. But for the first time, I got to chat with her a little after this morning's rehearsal while waiting for service to start. She seems like a really nice-natured person. No airs. Ok, I also like her aussie accent, haha...



Looking at her sing made me dream again...to be a gospel singer. That was like my dream since I started singing in Church, even way back when I was with Katong Presbyterian Church. Even if it was just to be a full-time background vocalists, it would have been enough.

Now that I think about it, I recalled what Pst Yang prayed over me more than a decade ago, that God would sing through me. I still remember vividly that it was one of the Services we had at the former cockroach-infested Sim Kim Kok Theatre. We used to have our services there.

So the recollection makes me feel there's a part of me that somewhat witnesses that there's more for me and in me. The recent months' incidents and my new-found adoration for this God that I know for so long seem to be awakening that longing within.

I'm sure there's a breakthrough that I need...but what is it?. I don't know where to start. Should I start writing my own songs? Whatever it is, I believe He will show me the way. I don't know how, but...somehow, He will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!