Breaker's Blog

My lunch partner just got 'abducted' for some official matter, leaving me with a bit of extra time before the full hour break is up to do some blogging.

I like this time of the day because the office is usually quiet.

Yesterday was rather eventful. Went for a workshop in the morning on 'Enhancing Your Facilitation Skills'. The content in the 2-hour session was mainly on effective listening and questioning. Nothing new to me, but it was a good refresher course. Sometimes we need to get back to the basics.

A chinese character '' (traditional stroke for the English equivalent of 'listen) was used to describe how one should listen. This character is made up of a few individual chinese character - '耳', '王', '十', '目', '一' and, '心' (ear, king, ten, sight, one, and heart). I remember my sister, Mui Hong, once told me that the compound character describes listening as: to be a good king, one needs to listen, not just with the ears, but with perfect (ten) attention and wholeheartedness (one heart). It was described in a similar way at the course, but I like my sister's explanation better.

In the evening, it was getting the flute quartet ready for an invited performance for our Business school's alumni networking event. The Organiser was happy with the performance, and I agree they did sound decent. Too bad the crowd wasn't really all ears and they were noisy even when someone was talking on the stage. The rest who gave their attention, thanks so much for listening.

Well, I met up with a few alumni I knew and got some updates. A former TP Band President was there, too. He was probably my very first President when I took over the band. So happy to see him. Brought back some good old memories :)

Drove to GV Grand to catch a movie right after. Got there on the dot, thanks to a friend who gave me this real simple direction to the place. Now that I realised it's so easy to get there, I think I'm going again, soon, to check out the shops. Cuz last night I was there around 8.50pm and most of the shops were closing or closed. I saw this pet shop with some hamsters displayed within their cages (of course). They were sooooo cute! One of them were half sleeping and doing some digging...don't know dig what. T'was rather amusing. Hur hur...

Oh here are a couple of photos I took of a cat sleeping (apparently awoken by my camera red light) on top of a low cluster of letterboxes. Helped to calm my nerve from yet another flat batt after an overnight at McD on Wed morning.


All nicely curled on the side


Further contortion of the neck

So yesterday night ended up having supper with Ken at McD near our place. Mmmm... I love my Double Cheese Burger (w/o onions and ketchup). Maybe next time I'd just order the set without the fries and cut down on the carbs.

Tonight, it's ladies' night out at Parkway instead of the usual cell meeting cos the guys have been 'hijacked' by our Zone Leader for the boys' 'grill'. Ahaha... God bless you wor! And apparently we are going for Jap cuisine. Can't believe I'm saying this, but it's not really appealing, not that I mind, though. Just don't think I'll eat much. Just had Sakae buffet dinner with Ken, Nick and Hilyah at Funan the day before.

Someone wrote on the office whyteboard event calendar that tomorrow is 'Single Awareness Day' (SAD) with lots of hearts surround those words. Then another came along and countered it with 'Married Anonymous Day' (MAD) on the day after. This latter's decorated with a broken heat and a 'Playboy' trademark. Guess which one was mine. Ahaha...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!