Bracing Up To Economic Depression

I recently have this fascination about rice paper wrap. It's fun to use and the texture when you chew on it gives a really nice '口感'.

Here's a picture of what I made last night for dinner.

Ok, it certainly doesn't look like how it should be, according to the picture next to my dish. I didn't have all the ingredients like veg, mint leaves etc...just meat bits. It would be more colourful and look more appealing otherwise.

I quite like Thai and Vietnamese cuisine, mainly because they use fish sauce for their dish. I kinda grew up with fish sauce. There are some stuff where you gotta have that. Like fishball noodle...it's just not the same without it. If a fishball noodle stall uses soya sauce, well, I don't know, just doesn't seem as appealing. I think the only time I would willingly dip my food into soya sauce is when I'm going Jap.

So I went to this clearance sale during lunchtime at Changi Airport. Bought some stuff I didn't think I would... but they were all soooo cheap! Then later after a late night's work, I went Giant to get my groceries, with my Vietnamese rice paper roll in mind, and bought almost $100 worth of food and things. So much for bracing up to economic depression. Now I'm bracing myself up for more rice paper wrapping, with lots of assorted veg this time :O~

-.-"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!