What's The Point?

Someone's attempt to get me hooked through a dating agency has failed. Out of curiosity, and an open mind to possibilities, I told the lady that I would turn up for the 8 o'clock appointment. That was yesterday, by the way.

Basically, all I did was to complete a 4-page profiling questionnaire of myself and what I want of my ideal partner for them to input and churn out a match. Then comes the little chat with the staff, who kept trying to get me to change my criteria that I'm only interested in Christian men, saying that it would really narrow down the match. Apparently some other Christians don't mind free thinkers.

While I understood where she was coming from, I doubt she knew my stand exactly. To me, what's the point of opening the option to date someone who's different from me on the most basic of basics? It's not a matter of how a free thinker is able to accept me in my own religion. It's about me wanting to be able to share this part of me with someone who has not only understood but whom I can run the race with.

She added that if I was more desperate to get married, I might 'loosen' my criteria. Thank God, I'm not. I hope I never will be that hard-up.

Wouldn't it be a tragedy for me to get myself emotionally attached to someone of a different faith, only to get hurt later because we couldn't be together eventually? Am I supposed to assume, or even hope, that he would receive Jesus as his personal Saviour. That would be naive and plainly, playing with fire. Neither would I expect myself to renounce my faith.

Someone just told me something he quoted from his father, "assumption is the mother of all bull****" I laughed when I read his words over the cyberchat.

The other thing that threw me off was that, if by a miracle they could get me a match, it would cost me at least $1,499 for the lower-priced package with arranged dinners and dates. When I saw that figure, the first thing that came to my mind was the annual car insurance I soon need to pay! Lol!!!

Oh well...I wonder what went through God's mind while He was listening to the whole conversation and my thoughts even while filling in the form :P

Anyway since I was at Boat Quay, I thought I should make full use of the per-entry car park rate at UOB Plaza and just roam around the area a bit. I ended up at Jazz@South Bridge. It has changed quite a bit. Had Bangers and Mash, Saigon Rolls and a couple of mocktails and chilled to a set of 'live' music. I thought it was a bit too loud, but it wasn't all that bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!