Finally Feeling Rested

It's been a long week of stuff going on in my life this week which led to the Arts Leadership Camp 2009. Yes, so the name of the camp was changed from Arts Induction Camp to Arts Leaders' Induction Camp, to Arts Leadership Camp. Don't ask me why...

As far as I'm concerned, the change doesn't mean much except more admin work to review the whole work document and developmental history of this project. I'm more particular about the content and what it has to offer to my arts leaders.

I was quite happy with how the programme turned out, and what I thought it might have meant for some. The human turn out was quite a disappointment, considering that this is more than a fun camp and the participants were expected to be of higher calibre.

Some things can't be helped, and some can...hence the disappointment. One thing I tried to emphasize in the camp as part of leadership quality is that of ACCOUNTABILITY, though not necessarily a trait just for leaders, but for one with a sense of responsibility.

Anyways...I did what I could. Those who fully participated benefited the most, and that's a fact.

I wanted to post some of the pictures in Facebook, but I forgot to bring my portable HDD to my sisters (stayed overnight), so it's just what I have in my phone for now.

Here are some from Adventure Learning (Low Elements) on Day 1 in the afternoon:

One of the teams at the 'Whale Watch' station trying to balance the board beneath them to make it parallel to the ground.


Don't you think they look like they're surfing?


And Khatijah could still pose for me while keeping her balance.


Then at night at the BBQ - 'Bond Fire'. Each group cooked and presented a dish or 2 for another arts group.







This dish and the next were done up by Dance Ensemble for Production Crew, which won the overall 'Best Presentation' prize.


















This dish from Production Crew to Salvo Drums won the 'Most Meaningful' prize.




This dish was presented to Choir by the Band and it won the 'Out of the Box' Prize.


Don't they all look quite delectable? Haha...

A group photos of the remnants from Band - the Survivors :)


So much for ALC 09...

Yesterday, went to Caleb's house for little Zechariah's full month party. Then it was shopping at Great World City with Jenny and her 2 gals before heading to Mui's house for dinner...well, we ate from late afternoon. Pasta, sausages, chips and dips, wings and ice cream etc.

Oh, I bought this dip called Hummus. Some chickpea stuff. And Keith, my nephew told me that in the movie, Zohan, this Hummus was used by Zohan for everything. He cooked with it, brushed teeth with it, and even put out fire with it. It's probably an exaggeration of the extent that this dish is used by the middle-easterners. I liked it...but certainly won't use it for anything else except to eat it.

Decided to stay overnight cuz was too comfortable, and too tired to move.

Had a good sleep and good fun decorating my breakfast plate with sunny side ups, leftover wings and bread. Took quite a few pictures of the variation. But there's too many photos here, so I'm gonna post them in my Facebook.

FB-ing time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

돌아왔어

Skitzophrenia

So Wonderful Is Your Goodness, O Lord!